A new pose pack, if you haven't seen. I'm well on my way to having another one ready (a couple more moves). Today, as some have requested, I found that I can put the items up at Gumroad. I had to increase the prices there to offset the fees. Even charging $1.50, I only make $0.08 more than I would from here.
Moving forward, I'll be placing items up here for sale as well as Gumroad, but my prices for items will increase. I really need to get my render farm back up and running and those damned cryptominers are driving the prices of GPUs up into the stratosphere. I had been pricing a new video card that was $654 CDN that suddenly jumped to $1199 CDN this week.
Since New Year's Day, I've been on a rendering bender. And making items in Blender.
What was the binge for? A new comic, and yes, this one too is M/M. A nasty tag-team match written for a few of my friends in mind. They seem to enjoy it, and it's homoerotic, so be forewarned. It's the longest one I've done so far. There's at least 90 rendered images over 41 pages, which is substantially more than my previous comics.
A couple of interesting things happened, that posted here earlier before. For starters, I know how to manipulate a title belt object (or a chainlink array) as a mesh object. That is, I can take a title belt design now, and bend it in any way I really want in Blender. The draw back is that I have to import each deformed item for each specific use. Right now I'm using the Curve modifier, though I suppose I could try using Lattice again. The belts are here:
I have to admit that doing gear and character design for men is just way easier than it is for the ladies, probably because the gear is so much more limited and simpler to do. It doesn't help that I'm never really satisfied with the female characters I've made. I would guess it's because I spend so much time looking and tweaking them, any error or failure to bring the idea in my head to life might play a part in that. As for the erotic aspect, that's one area I had a difficult time with comic. I tore through the first 30+ pages very quickly, except for the dForce simulations, of course.
One of the items worn by a character in my new comic is only possible via dForce, and the results came out very well. The problem is that simulations can take 40-50 min for each shot, on top of the time needed to render. And sometimes, if you go take a piss and come back before the end of the simulation, the object explodes into a mess of polygons all over the screen. I have to be more careful on how often I use dForce in a story. I am also going to experiment with DAZ and change the compute engine for it from my R9 380 to CPU to see if performance improves (it likely will).
I know for sure that my next story/comic needs to be M/F at a minimum. Probably will be F/F and giving the guys a break for a while. Even considering doing another Punchdolls issue. Open to ideas...